Sunday, March 18, 2012

sweet sorrows






a flat white
I reckon it's time for the last post!  Bella and I are just back from the shops.  Buying the last minute goodies to bring home!  Frieda-Mae received her 4 month needles today!  They are given two pokes here, one in each thigh; as well as an oral injection for the rota virus! She was quite angry at the nurse and at her mommy, but by the time Bella and I were enjoying our flat white (coffee), Frieda-Mae started acknowledging her mommy again.  Forgotten...until 6 months, when it happens all over again!

It has definitely cooled off here in the last week!  Only 26 C, and not as humid!  Rain in the forecast for all this week, but today we've been lucky - so far.  None today yet! And tomorrow we leave, so if it wants to rain....well that's ok!  We're going home to spring!!!!  Maybe summer?


We spent the afternoon at Surfers Paradise beach yesterday.  Jer and Andrew spent a good hour in the waves, but the wind really picked up and the current was very strong, so after an hour they were quite tired.  I walked on the beach, and got very soggy from the tide coming in.  Watched a local catching worms in the sand with a fish, and helped a couple catch some shell fish in the sand.  They were going to cook them and put them into soup! Sounds yummy!


a butcher bird


a golden orb 





Saturday, between the rains, and spending some time in the shops with the family, Andrew decided to show us his climbing techniques.  So with us watching and videoing, Andrew went up one of the gum trees in the yard, and trimmed the tree.  Very impressive! And looked incredibly easy as he went up...but I think you need good arm and leg muscles!!!  And where is his helmet????









I like this tree - Andrew says terrible to prune
water dragon - LOTS of them here
not sure what it is, but I like it!
Friday, Jer and I went walking in the Mount Coot-tha botanical gardens. What a great place to hang out!

So now it is time to pack our bags.  I will miss this family of ours down under, but I am glad I have family to go home to in the Peg!  I have missed them.  Sweet sorrows!

No comments:

Post a Comment